Wednesday 16 December 2009

Beginning of Project 3: TvIdent

As today is the last class of the module, I decided to leave my second project and start to work on my third one as I need to get some feedback on it and find out if I was on the right track!
Proposal:
MTV- TvIdent
I chose to produce a TvIdent for MTV as I think it would give me a chance to experience to create something quicker and more extravagant than my last two projects which are rather slow in speed. My Motto for this should be: BE CRAZY (which according to me suits MTV quite well)
I want the Ident to be approximately 30 seconds long and want the logo "MTV" to appear in the end after a few slogans describing the channel
The Ident should be colorful- the more colors I can put in- the better.
I also want a song to be added to the Ident: either a house song or a hip hop song.
Ideas: pictures of celebrities popping in and out, different soundtracks playing one after one (soundtrack should be very catchy)
Narrative: the Ident should suggest that MTV is up to date, diverse and LOUD
Effects: In this project I want to try to put more effects in that in my last two projects, this one should be very fast and extra- crazy
Interesting Facts:
Over 17 million people tune into MTV Networks each month.
MTV Networks remains dominant in the music market, taking a 52% share of music viewing for the key 16-34 demo.
In an ever-increasing competitive market, three of the top 5 rating music channels are MTV network channels.
MTV is the highest rating music channel in pay TV homes with 6.1 million viewers tuning in every month.
TMF is the highest rating music channel in freeview homes with 9.6 million viewers tuning in each month.
MTV ranks 8th in the non-terrestrial channel rankings (adults 16-24, Pay TV homes).
MTV Networks attract a commercially desirable young and upmarket audience. 75% of the MTV Branded channels audience are under 34 years old (and 63% of the VH1 3-pack channels) compared to only 34% of the non-terrestrial audience.
The MTV branded channels attract an upmarket audience. There are a significantly higher proportion of ABC1 adult (16-34) viewers than the non-terrestrial channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment